We are the University of Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), formally known as Willard Thompson PRSSA. Our mission is to serve students of communications and public relations by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to valuable professional development opportunities.
- Jake Sturgis, Chief Storyteller at Captivate Media & Consulting
AND a holiday “PR-ty”
Wednesday, Dec. 12
Murphy Hall 100
- Agency Tour: Carmichael Lynch
Friday, Dec. 7, 10:30 a.m.
- The Battle MN
Thursday, Dec. 6 5-11 p.m.
The Brand Lab and CLAgency have collaborated to host an event to address the lack of diversity in the advertising/communications industry. It is a battle of the bands among agencies in town. Student tickets are $20. All proceeds from the event will go to the University of Minnesota’s “The Battle” Scholarship Fund to support students of diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds interested in a career in the field.
- PRSSA Winter Trip to Boston!
Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019
See our other speakers and events on our Events Calendar.
- November 7, 2018 – WINTER TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT
- We are headed to Boston! The annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19. If you are interested in attending please sign up via the link sent to members.
- October 24, 2018 – SAVE THE DATE: ANNUAL WINTER TRIP
- UMN PRSSA’s annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019. Location TBA at our next chapter meeting. We will tour 3-5 agencies, companies or organizations, see the local sites and do a chapter dinner. Stay tuned for more information.
- October 12, 2018 – PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS
- We will be doing professional headshots at our chapter meeting on Oct. 24 (free for members!). Be sure to wear your professional clothes to meeting!
- September 12, 2018 – FALL 2018 MEMBERSHIP
- You have the option to join nationally ($75) or locally ($20). To join, fill out the membership form and pay your dues. Dues are due Wednesday, October 17. Visit our membership page for more details and to access the membership form.