We are the University of Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), formally known as Willard Thompson PRSSA. Our mission is to serve students of communications and public relations by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to valuable professional development opportunities.
- Stephen Dupont, Pocket Hercules
Wednesday, Feb. 27
(And we’ll be holding our 2019-2020 presidential election!)
- Lola Red Intern Fair, March 1, 9-11:30 a.m.
Lola Red is holding an intern fair on March 1. They’ll have coffee, donuts and information on how to apply for summer intern positions. More information to come. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
- HSJMC Professional Networking Day: Launch your Career, Friday, Feb. 22, noon-3:45 p.m.
Network with professionals over lunch. Features keynote speakers and breakout panels. Free to attend, but please RSVP.
See our other speakers and events on our Events Calendar.
- Feb. 10, 2019 – 2019-2020 CHAPTER PRESIDENCY
- Application and current resume due to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Feb. 22. There is one open position. Election will take place at the start of our chapter meeting Feb. 27. Incumbent will train as part of our executive board for the remainder of the semester before taking over leadership of the chapter beginning April 11. Position description and application form in recap email.
- Feb. 10, 2019 – SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT SPRING 2019
- Application due to email@example.com by end of day Feb. 15. There is one open position. Incumbent will be selected by current executive board and will start immediately and serve for the remainder of the semester. Position description and application form in recap email.
- Feb. 6, 2019 – SPRING 2019 MEMBERSHIP
- You have the option to join nationally ($75) or locally ($20). To join, fill out the membership form and pay your dues. Dues are due Wednesday, Feb. 20. Visit our membership page for more details and to access the membership form.
- Jan. 28, 2019 – MEETING CANCELED
- Our first meeting of the spring semester, scheduled for Jan. 30, is canceled due to extreme weather. The first meeting will be rescheduled for Feb. 6 and the chapter will meet two weeks in a row. Our meeting dates can be found on our events calendar.
- Nov. 7, 2018 – WINTER TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT
- We are headed to Boston! The annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19. If you are interested in attending please sign up via the link sent to members.
- Oct. 24, 2018 – SAVE THE DATE: ANNUAL WINTER TRIP
- UMN PRSSA’s annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019. Location TBA at our next chapter meeting. We will tour 3-5 agencies, companies or organizations, see the local sites and do a chapter dinner. Stay tuned for more information.
- Oct. 12, 2018 – PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS
- We will be doing professional headshots at our chapter meeting on Oct. 24 (free for members!). Be sure to wear your professional clothes to meeting!
- Sept. 12, 2018 – FALL 2018 MEMBERSHIP
- You have the option to join nationally ($75) or locally ($20). To join, fill out the membership form and pay your dues. Dues are due Wednesday, October 17. Visit our membership page for more details and to access the membership form.