We are the University of Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), formally known as Willard Thompson PRSSA. Our mission is to serve students of communications and public relations by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to valuable professional development opportunities.
- Amy Olson, Hennepin County
(& 2019-2020 presidential elections!)
Wednesday, March 13
- Mall of America Communications Tour, March 29, 1 p.m.
- Save the Date for Spring Networking Night! Our annual Spring Networking Night will take place on Wednesday, April 17 at Open Book in Minneapolis. Details to come!
See our other speakers and events on our Events Calendar.
- Feb. 10, 2019 – 2019-2020 CHAPTER PRESIDENCY
- Application and current resume due to email@example.com by end of day March 8. There are two open positions. Election will take place at the start of our chapter meeting on March 13. Incumbents will train as part of our executive board for the remainder of the semester before taking over leadership of the chapter beginning April 11. Position description and application form in recap emails. Contact Leah (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the position, application or election.
- Feb. 10, 2019 – SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT SPRING 2019
- Application due to email@example.com by end of day Feb. 15. There is one open position. Incumbent will be selected by current executive board and will start immediately and serve for the remainder of the semester. Position description and application form in recap email.
- Feb. 6, 2019 – SPRING 2019 MEMBERSHIP
- You have the option to join nationally ($75) or locally ($20). To join, fill out the membership form and pay your dues. Dues are due Wednesday, Feb. 20. Visit our membership page for more details and to access the membership form.
- Jan. 28, 2019 – MEETING CANCELED
- Our first meeting of the spring semester, scheduled for Jan. 30, is canceled due to extreme weather. The first meeting will be rescheduled for Feb. 6 and the chapter will meet two weeks in a row. Our meeting dates can be found on our events calendar.
- Nov. 7, 2018 – WINTER TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT
- We are headed to Boston! The annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19. If you are interested in attending please sign up via the link sent to members.
- Oct. 24, 2018 – SAVE THE DATE: ANNUAL WINTER TRIP
- UMN PRSSA’s annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019. Location TBA at our next chapter meeting. We will tour 3-5 agencies, companies or organizations, see the local sites and do a chapter dinner. Stay tuned for more information.
- Oct. 12, 2018 – PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS
- We will be doing professional headshots at our chapter meeting on Oct. 24 (free for members!). Be sure to wear your professional clothes to meeting!
- Sept. 12, 2018 – FALL 2018 MEMBERSHIP
- You have the option to join nationally ($75) or locally ($20). To join, fill out the membership form and pay your dues. Dues are due Wednesday, October 17. Visit our membership page for more details and to access the membership form.