We are the University of Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), formally known as Willard Thompson PRSSA. Our mission is to serve students of communications and public relations by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to valuable professional development opportunities.
- Allied Integrated Marketing Panel
Account executives and a publicity coordinator for Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox, and Columbia PicturesWednesday, Nov. 28
Murphy Hall 100
- Skills-Based Resume Workshop
Friday, Nov. 16, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Murphy Hall 214
A skills-based, interactive workshop focusing on resume and cover letter writing, LinkedIn profiles and online professional portfolios.
- UMN Communicators Forum: So You Want to Be a Communicator. Now What?
Friday, November 16, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Panelists will speak and answer questions about their career stories and current roles. This will be a great panel for new communicators and anyone who wants the inside scoop on what their colleagues do. Register with the link above.
- PRSSA Winter Trip to Boston!
Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019
See our other speakers and events on our Events Calendar.
- November 7, 2018 – WINTER TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT
- We are headed to Boston! The annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19. If you are interested in attending please sign up via the link sent to members.
- October 24, 2018 – SAVE THE DATE: ANNUAL WINTER TRIP
- UMN PRSSA’s annual winter trip will be Thursday, Jan. 17 – Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019. Location TBA at our next chapter meeting. We will tour 3-5 agencies, companies or organizations, see the local sites and do a chapter dinner. Stay tuned for more information.
- October 12, 2018 – PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOTS
- We will be doing professional headshots at our chapter meeting on Oct. 24 (free for members!). Be sure to wear your professional clothes to meeting!
- September 12, 2018 – FALL 2018 MEMBERSHIP
- You have the option to join nationally ($75) or locally ($20). To join, fill out the membership form and pay your dues. Dues are due Wednesday, October 17. Visit our membership page for more details and to access the membership form.