Here is our fall 2018 schedule. Please check back for updates as event dates are subject to change.
Sept. 12 – “Learn the Power of PR” – Join PRSSA!
- First meeting
Sept. 26 – “Follow the Yellow Brick Road” – Finding your path in PR
- Guest speaker: Aaron Komo, Social Engagement Specialist at Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate
Oct. 10 – Internship Speed Dating
Oct. 12 – Agency Tour @ Padilla, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Oct. 17 – Membership forms and dues are due!
Oct. 20 – Inside PR: Ignite Your Future Career (MN PRSA), 9:00 am – 2:00 pm @ Padilla
- $10 for PRSSA members, $20 non-PRSSA members
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
Oct. 24 – Guest Speaker & Professional Headshots
- Professional Headshots – Wear your professional dress!
Nov. 7 – Guest Speaker
- Guest Speaker: Dan Phan, Digital Educator, Professional Speaker, and Founder at The Late Majority and Founder of CUE4: the retail
Nov. 28 – Allied Integrated Marketing Panel
- Account executives and a publicity coordinator for Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox, and Columbia Pictures
Dec. 12 – Guest Speaker
- Jake Sturgis, Chief Storyteller at Captivate Media + Consulting
Winter Break – See you next semester!
About our Events
Agency/Corporate Tours – We aim to coordinate at least one tour of a local PR agency or corporate communication department per month. Any chapter members are invited to attend. Past tours have included Lola Red, Beehive Strategic Communication, Best Buy, Mall of America, etc. See our upcoming tours in the events schedule above.
Annual Winter Trip – Our chapter takes a trip each winter to a different city. We usually tour four to five agencies or corporate offices and see the local sites! Our trip in 2017 was to Denver and our trip in 2018 was to Atlanta. Let us know if there’s someplace you’d like to go!
Spring Networking Night – Our chapter puts on a networking night at a local restaurant. We invite professionals from different PR and communication industries to network with our students.
Twin Cities Day of Tours – Our chapter spends one full Friday during the spring semester touring three to four local agencies. Last year’s agency visits included Maccabee, Weber Shandwick, Exponent PR and Mirum Agency.
Area Events – UMN PRSSA also attends local networking events, MN PRSA events and National PRSSA events. If you have an interest in attending events like these, event details will be posted on this website or you may contact any of our E-Board members!