PRSSA always welcomes new members. Membership includes access to a variety of exclusives for one year, including site visits, networking events and more. Becoming a member is as simple as submitting an application and dues. Deadlines to submit applications and dues are as follows:
- Fall 2018: Wednesday, October 17
Joining PRSSA gives you access to a variety of member benefits that will enhance your education, broaden your professional network and launch your career.
- Special opportunities for internships, scholarships and other resources;
- Priority sign-up for our chapter’s events including agency tours and the winter trip;
- Networking nights and access to MN PRSA events;
- Presentations by diverse industry professionals;
- Bi-weekly meetings offer the chance to get to know your peers outside of the classroom. Also, executive board members and upperclassmen can offer mentorship for the PR world as well as college life; and
- Find your fit. Public relations is a diverse professional field with traditional and non-traditional paths. Learning from various companies and careers will give you a better idea of what you like – and don’t like!
UMN PRSSA is trying something new with membership this year. You will have the option to join locally or nationally. Here’s a quick rundown of what you will get with each membership:
- Local membership, $20: participation in all UMN PRSSA activities including meetings, tours, networking night, MN PRSA events, etc.
- National membership, $75: participation in all UMN PRSSA activities as well as opportunities to attend national or regional PRSSA conferences, access to PRSSA’s national internship database, access to PRSSA scholarships and awards, access to PRSSA professional development webinars, the opportunity to write for PRSSA national publications, and daily PRSSA newsletters/monthly publications.
If you decide to join, you’ll note which way you want to join. If you have questions on which option is best for you, please reach out to us and we’d be happy to help.
How to Join
Fill out the membership form and pay your dues ($20 or $75). We can accept cash, check or card. Membership is good for one year. If you pay now you will not have to pay again until next fall.
We will take dues and membership forms at each meeting until October 17, as well as during “office hours” on off weeks. If these times do not work for you, please let us know and we will find another way for you to get your dues to us.
Questions or comments? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you consider joining PRSSA!